Hi Team!
I've given some long thought about the plans I've made since last year, and I've decided that I will remain on with NRG! I think you guys have kinda grown on me. =) We've worked really hard this year to build this team up to where we are, and it would be a shame to not carry forth this enthusiasm and energy through to next year.
The satisfaction of building a team from the ground up--building a strong core of teammates and friends, is much more rewarding than joining a mish-mash team of hard-core paddlers that might not see each other again at the end of the year.
I will continue to network with other teams in order to gain more experience, but my commitments are 100% with NRG! I am looking forward to an even bigger and better NRG next year!
With that in mind, I'd like to start the building process right now by assembling a team of dedicated support staff who will lay the groundwork for the best edition of NRG ever!
In the past Hien, Thuy, Lan, and myself have been taking on various tasks, but we can certainly use the extra hands to help out if we are to build the team up to a higher level.
Here is a list of important portfolios or tasks that are waiting for eager volunteers to step up to the plate. I do have some people in mind who I know would be a great fit at many of these jobs, but I will leave this open and see if any of you would like to take initiative and take on a larger role with the team. Some of these tasks will certainly overlap, so you may help out in more than one area:
- Team Membership Recruitment, and member Registration
- Finances, fees, bookings, registration for festivals
- Soliciting sponsorhip/team promotion
- Organizing socials, teambuilding activities
- Dragonboat Technique Assistant coaching
- Fitness coaching, fitness assessment team
- Full time drummer/steersperson
- Video and Photography
- Communications (Team emails, web update)
If any of these tasks interest you, please don't hesitate to contact me!
Finally, I will include the questionnaire for all team members, in an email shortly follow this one. Please take a few minutes to respond—Your feedback is crucial to the success of our team and how you want your team to be next year! Thanks again for a great season and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Linh
Welcome to NRG Dragon Boat!
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for your interest in NRG Dragon Boat!
We've created this site to keep you posted on what's happening with NRG, as well as to provide you with various resources about dragonboating.
Please visit often to keep up-to-date about the 2007 dragon boat season!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment